Friday 13 May 2016

Hello Kalinda Drain, 19 years old, 2nd year International Relations and Gender Studies

I came here to Macquarie university after two weeks of attending Newcastle University. I found that is wasn’t as respectable in teaching especially in the humanities department as it is here at Macquarie University. At Macquarie university, I found it easier to study whatever you want, and I also find the campus a lot more enjoyable and casual for example, having the pleasant scenery and the occasional food truck. I moved here to Sydney with my boyfriend and friend during first year. I came from a smaller semi-rural town called Maitland in Newcastle which is a lot different to what it is like here in the city of Sydney. It’s a lot quieter and peaceful in Maitland but can get dull, whereas here in Sydney there is constant things to do but places are denser and can make you feel claustrophobic. Away from university I also enjoy the arts, creative arts, photography, reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment